Until 1904 Bible Society work throughout the West was carried on by the Upper Canada Bible Society. In that year a separate District for Manitoba and Saskatchewan was formed, with headquarters in Winnipeg. For the next 18 years, this District comprised both Manitoba and Saskatchewan. The great Bible Society work in the early years was distribution. As immigrants flooded the prairies they were provided with the Scriptures in their own languages. The work of the Bible Society in the West, in the early years of the 20th century, is one of its great achievements.
Serving a vast geographical area with a population of roughly one million inhabitants, the Manitoba District Office and Bible House provide Scripture resource services to the entire province of Manitoba and a portion of North Western Ontario with the Kenora - Keewatin line serving as the eastern boundary of the district.
In order to facilitate your reading and study of Scripture, our Bible Store in Winnipeg features a vast array of Bibles (60 languages in stock and 60 more languages readily available from our central stock depot in Toronto) in a variety of formats. We offer Manitoba's best selection of Bibles. And so we should. After all we are The Bible Society and we have been doing this in Manitoba since 1872.
- Manitoba's best choice of Bibles (styles, formats, translations, etc...)
- Scriptures available in 60 languages in stock & 60 more languages readily available.
- Especially great selection of French, Spanish and Aboriginal scripture resources.
- Scholarly materials.
- Resources for group and individual Bible Study.
- Ministry editions (20% off case lot editions).
- Scripture audio tapes and cd's.
- Video scripture resources.
- Bible software.
- Scripture greeting cards.
Revenues generated from sales are re-invested in the ongoing work of translation, publication, and distribution of God's Word.